Regular price £169.00
Bruichladdich Octomore 10.3
- Malted to 114PPM
- Distilled in 2013 from the 2012 harvest
- 100% Octomore farm, Islay grown Concerto Barley – single field, single farm, single vintage
- Matured entirely on Islay for six years
- First fill American Casks from Jim Beam, Heaven Hill, Buffalo Trace AND Jack Daniels
- Bottled UnChill-Filtered and Coloring Free at 61.3% ALC. / VOL
- LIMITED TO 24,000 BOTTLES
This distillery was built in 1881 by the owners of grain whisky distilleries in Glasgow. This distillery (and the two grain distilleries) were used to supply the market with blended whisky. When the distillery was built, it differentiated itself from other Islay distilleries for its modern design and tall stills which produced a lighter spirit.
The distillery was badly affected by a fire in 1934 and, after it refurbished, it went through many changes of ownership. In 2001 a group of investors acquired it and promptly appointed legendary distiller Jim McEwan as head of distillation.
Under that ownership, the distillery was revitalised and acquired cult status among whisky enthusiasts. Remy Cointreau, the current owners, took over it in 2012.
The spirit produced at the distillery has a distinctive freshness and acidity. This characteristic shines even the most heavily peated expression from the distillery: Octomore.