Highland Park Fire
The Highland Park Fire is the newest edition to the continued Valhalla range of Limited releases from Highland Park. This is edition if Known as the Fire and is named after the Realm of Fire that lies north of Valhalla. Guarded by fierce Fire Giants this is a harsh and Evil place. The whisky has been matured in a Refill Port Cask, as such it is filled with plenty of Cinnamon and Ginger with a fantastic red fruit and stoned fruit towards the end.
Highland Park distillery
Highland Park distillery was founded in 1798 however it received its license in 1826. It remained a family owned distillery until 1840 when ownership of the distillery was transferred to the youngest member of the family who happened to be a priest. The distillery's production capacity was expanded in 1898 to 4 stills and it has remained with 4 stills until now. In 1937 the distillery was acquired by a consortium composed by the Edrington Group and W. Grant and sons (owners of Glenfiddich). These days the distillery enjoys a strong position in the international whisky market. Apart from its usage of hard water in the brewing process, the peat used by this distillery has a rather high content of heather. This imparts a slightly perfumed note to the whisky.