Bolivar cigars where first registered as a Cuban brand in 1921 by J.F. Rocha y Cia. The brand was purchase in 1954 by Cifuentes y Cia after Rocha's death. Production then moved to the famous Partagas factory. It is perhaps not surprising that a Havana named after such a powerful figure is blended to match his might. Bolivars cigars are among the strongest, most full bodied of all Havanas.