There was a distillery called Annandale on the site of the current one. That defunct distillery was founded in 1830 by a former excise officer from the Elgin area. It produced spirit for some 90 years. It changed hands in 1883 and 1896, on that year, Johnnie Walker & Sons acquired the site and ran it until 1919. The site laid abandoned for a couple of years until it was acquired by a porridge and cereal manufacturer.
There was no distillery to speak off for a very long time and in 2007 Annandale Distillery Co. purchased the site. An investment of £10.5 million brought the site back to life and the first drops of spirit were produced in 2014. The spirit is sold under three different names: Rascally Liquor (new make spirit), Man O'Words (un-peated whisky) Man O'Sword (peated whisky).