Glendullan distillery was built in 1897, right before the Pattison crisis wrecked the whisky industry. It was built by a business man who intended to use the spirit produced at this distillery for his blends. Due to the crisis and war rationing measures during WWI the blended whisky using Glendullan did not succeed.
In 1925 Distillers Company Limited (DCL) acquired it. The distillery has remained part of the DCL (and now Diageo) portfolio ever since. In 1972 Glendullan II was built nex to the original site. Both distilleries operated together until 1985 when the original Glendullan was demolished. A single malt was released under the name 'Singleton' for the American market in 2007. A bio plant was built in 2014.
A very long fermentation period, slow distillation and clear wort result in a light, delicate and grassy spirit.