If you're a fan of whisky and are looking to explore some of Scotland's distilleries, consider visiting Deanston Distillery in Doune. Located just a short trip from Edinburgh, this distillery offers a unique experience for visitors. With its picturesque surroundings, historical landmarks, and delicious food, a visit to Deanston is a must for any whisky lover.
At Deanston, you can tour the distillery and learn about the production process of one of Scotland's Highland whiskies. Plus, you can enjoy a lovely lunch and take a walk through the streams and Glens that surround the distillery. If you choose to drive, you can even take your visitor's drams with you!
So, if you've already visited Edinburgh's Holyrood Distillery, East Lothian's Glenkinchie and are looking to add another distillery to your list, consider Deanston. With its convenient location and fantastic tours, it's a great choice for those who want to get a taste of Scotland's whisky heritage.
How to get to Deanston distillery
- Start by heading north on the A90 towards Perth.
- Continue on the M90 and take the exit towards Kinross/Gleneagles.
- Follow the signs for A822 towards Crieff.
- Turn left onto the A822 and continue for approximately 20 miles until you reach Doune.
- Turn left onto Teith Road and continue for about a mile until you reach Deanston Distillery on the left.
By Public Transport:
- Take the bus from Edinburgh Bus Station or the train from Edimnburgh Waverley station to Stirling Bus Station (Number 23 or X23).
- Take the bus from Stirling Bus Station to Doune (Number 44 or X44).
- Deanston Distillery is a short walk from the Doune bus stop.
Overall, getting to Deanston Distillery is a straightforward process and can be easily done by either car or public transport. Whether you're a local or a tourist, a visit to Deanston Distillery is a must-see experience in Scotland.
Teith Rd, Deanston, Doune FK16 6AG