Ben Nevis is a Highland distillery located in the outskirts of Fort William. It produced spirit for blends and by the end of the 19th century it promoted successfully its Dew of Ben Nevis blend. The distillery closed down in 1908 and a nearby 'sister' dsitillery operated at intervals until the outbreak of World War II.
Production re-started in 1955 and the distillery produced spirit using a Coffey still. New make spirit from barley and grain were being blended by Ben Nevis distillery prior to being aged. This continued until 1978 when the distillery closed down. It was re-opened and refurbished in the early 80's and in 1989 it was sold to the current owners: Nikka.
The spirit produced at the distillery is made using a slow fermentation which uses brewer's yeast and a very slow distillation. A thick and rich spirit results from this.